Bump your Pilates workouts to the next level with these on-demand video lessons for Pilates Reformer. These short videos will teach you the techniques and exercises for Reformer Pilates at home and at your favorite studio. Every video is fun and informative, designed to help you learn and build up your repertoire of Reformer Pilates techniques. Start learning now!
- Build a foundation with our intro to Pilates Reformer
- Learn about the body and how to work with Reformer
- Get in touch with your body, discover areas of focus
- Learn how to modify and adjust to your needs
- Watch the videos as often as you need to learn the exercises, watch muscle recruitment, and learn breathing patterns
- Develop a focus on integrating your mind and body together
- Learn the two “P’s”: Practice and Patience, as you learn this totally new and unique experience
- Have fun!
- Deepen your knowledge of the body
- Advance your focus and modifications
- Further balance your workouts, working all areas, all of the time
- Challenge your movements with props
- Do more with lower resistance
- Deeper integration of your mind and body
- Continue Practice & Patience
- Challenge your intensity and muscular recruitment
- Advance your knowledge of proper form
- Always have fun!
Kimra is like a breath of fresh air, so positive and passionate about helping you be your best. I walked into studio for the first time not knowing what to expect, and I walked out knowing I would be making Naam Yoga an integral part of my wellness program. Kimra meets you where you are and is keenly aware of where you are in the moment and she tailors her program in such a way that you feel fully supported in that moment. I love that Kimra gently pushed me with breathing exercises that allowed me to go beyond what I believed I could. There were so many times that the exercises allowed me to effortlessly meet myself deeply within and sit in a place of really profound peace. She really helped me find balance at a time in my life where I had very little of it and I will be forever grateful.
I have taken Pilates for many years now, probably 15 years. In all that time, I have had a number of different instructors. Kris Zahn has been incredible. I have made more progress with her than all the other instructors I have had. She has a great way of teaching and relating to her clients to get the most out of us. I would totally recommend Kris as an instructor.
Kimra is another amazing Pilates instructor. Both she and Kris know so much about the human body and what exercises benefit which parts of the body.
I love the fact that they both come up with totally different exercises to work the same area of the body so that, every time you have a class with one of them you know it will be different than the class you had the last time. There is never an opportunity to get bored. And, they know just how much to encourage their clients.
They are hands-on which is quite helpful when you are unsure of a particular movement. They notice and see all.
Both Kris and Kimra excel as instructors. And, both have special and unique personalities. I have learned so much from each of them.
I’ve worked with numerous Pilates teachers over the last 15 years and Kris is by far the best. As someone with chronic back problems due to scoliosis, I have to take a lot of care when it comes to exercise. Not only does Kris have a deep understanding of the body and how it works, but she is excellent at modifying exercises so they don’t exacerbate my problems. After three years of working with Kris, my back has never felt better and I have a far better understanding of how to keep my back feeling great in between sessions. Kris's knowledge of the body, passion for teaching, and care for her students make her classes not just fun and educational, but absolutely necessary for me to maintain my physical health.
What is Reformer Pilates?
Invented by Joseph Pilates, Reformer Pilates uses a bed-like frame with weighted springs. You’ve seen these lined up at your favorite studio and you may have one at home. Reformer Pilates directs your workout to your smaller muscle groups which lengthens and tones your muscles - long and lean! Compared to Mat Pilates, Reformer offers many more exercises using a greater number of body positions.
With a Reformer Pilates program, you’ll achieve the following benefits:
- Muscle Strength
- Core Strength
- Overall Flexibility
- Improved Balance and Coordination
- Healthier Posture and Alignment
When you realize these benefits, you start to see an overall improvement in your quality of life.